Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Thu Sep 10 14:10:40 UTC 2015

On 10/09/15 14:53, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> I assume that subject line got your attention.

> The reason for this proposal is relatively simple: we know the
> advantages to unbundling, particularly with security and resource-
> usage. However, the world's developer community largely *does not
> care*. We fought the good fight, we tried to bring people around to
> seeing our reasoning and we failed.

I'm not sure it follows that we compromise the advantages
of existing packaging processes.  How about we strive to
maintain clean separated packages, but where this is not practical
use container tech to provide the bundles?  That may involve
tighter integration of container registry with the app installer.

cheers,
Pádraig.