[Fedora-packaging] Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 11 01:12:04 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-09-10 at 18:59 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> AW> That just says 'multiple, separate upstream projects' (nothing
> about
> AW> being 'compiled in'), and implies that absolutely any such case
> can
> AW> only be included with an explicit 'Bundling Exception'.
>
> OK, so "compiled in" isn't really the right term if you really want
> be that picky.  I guess it's possible that it's not obvious, so
> "package" means built, installable RPM.  We don't want more than one
> upstream project crammed into a single package.  But I get the
> feeling
> you know this, and so I'm hoping this isn't some kind of ruse to
> make me
> type more.

Er, I don't think I'm being picky. I don't quite know what you meant
by 'compiled in' in your original mail, but I can't see any
particularly restrictive reading of the phrase 'multiple, separate
upstream projects'.

I think the fact that we can't even have a discussion of this where we
both understand what the current rules actually *are* clearly
indicates they have a clarity problem =)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey