[Fedora-packaging] Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 11 19:25:24 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-09-11 at 19:19 +0000, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:

> If you take a closer look at the sample you provided you should have
> noticed the submitted date of that review request is 2012-07-01 and
> the
> last comment in which he finally gave up and moved to do other
> things
> wason 2014-01-26 roughly 18 months later so claiming that he only
> abandoned his review request due to having to unbundle the submitted
> component might not be the ( sole ) underlying cause for doing so (
> If
> you are thinking about arguing the case he had to depend on another
> component then I'll point out the time 2009-11-27 when the review
> request for that depended component was submitted ) .

The second-to-last comment from the submitter is a list of *six*
libraries that would have had to be unbundled (each going through its
own review request) before the package could have been approved.

In a world where bundling was allowed, the package would likely have
been approved on initial review; the only significant issues found in
review were bundling-related. There are a couple of trivial issues
noted in #c7, but those would have been literally 10-second fixes.

(FWIW if unbundling wasn't required, even if the original submitter
hadn't given up, I would've been happy to package tt-rss. The pile of
unbundling required is the sole reason I won't do it now.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey