[Fedora-packaging] Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 20:46:15 UTC 2015

On 09/11/2015 08:31 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> We certainly agree on that.
>
>> >  which has already been
>> >answered by the board.
>> >( people will first debate where to draw the line if that discussion
>> >wont be killed in birth but in the end they end up with the same
>> >question as has already been answered )
> Eh, I'm not sure it's really been fully addressed, and even if it has,
> if enough people feel like the topic needs revisiting, it seems wise
> to revisit it.

As far as I can tell these are the same people as last time which are
not satisfied with the outcome of that decision.

And you know as well as I do that people pursuing this will start
discussing where to draw the line, with the end being why stop there?
which in turn will lead to having to answer same question again ( what
the third time, this time around? ).

Now if nothing new is being added to the previous discussions  ( which I
have yet to see the case for ) and the council would for some reason
approve, and in doing so looking extremely suspicions if that would be
the case, people would most likely want community wide vote based on the
grounds that the changes are being made to the foundation of the
project, those same foundations which led them to participate in the
first place.

Now let's wait and see in which direction the discussion will take.

JBG