Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Sep 13 12:08:55 UTC 2015

Am 13.09.2015 um 10:16 schrieb Andrew Haley:
> I remember the time before free software distros like Fedora: it was
> chaotic, with messes of bundles and contradictory dependencies from
> all over the place, with no reliable tools for finding things.
> Relying on the upstream ecosystem's way of sorting this out, with a
> different mechanism provided depending on programming language, isn't
> going to do it

sadly too many people of the younger generation don't and so believe it
only if they feel the pain at their own - don't know when it stopped
that one learns from past mistakes of other instead make them again

that times i played around with Linux systems but not considered
seriously to use it as main system - with Fedora Core 2 and the mature
package-management i tried again after years not touch Linux and then
with FC6 and FC9 switched *anything* to Fedora what is able to boot a OS

hopefully future changes don't let me regret that decisions and force to
start again with something different