Rpmbuild SPEC file - variable declaration

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 13:39:02 UTC 2015

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> arnaud gaboury wrote:
>
>> When declaring a variable value,  I wonder if the any difference/best
>> practice between these methods:
>>
>> export VAR=MyValue
>> %{define} VAR MyValue
>> %{global} VAR MyValue
>
> best practice is to use global, it is explicitly mentioned here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#.25global_preferred_over_.25define

Very good. TY for short and precise answer.

Now, for build flags macros and variables, I want to add some options
to the default one. I am not sure how to add options in a clean way.
These extra flags are used because I build with Intel Compiler:

export CFFLAGS= '-xHost -mavx -fp-model precise'
%configure
   CFFLAGS="${CFLAGS:-%optflags}" ; export CFLAGS ; \

Is above the the best way?

> -- rex
>
> --

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx