rpmbuild - change sysconfdir

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 09:03:13 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 14.09.2015 um 10:15 schrieb arnaud gaboury:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:04 AM Adam Williamson
>> <adamwill at fedoraproject.org <mailto:adamwill at fedoraproject.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     On Mon, 2015-09-14 at 09:52 +0200, arnaud gaboury wrote:
>>      > For some practical reason, I want sysconfdir to be /etc/R, and not
>>      > the
>>      > default /etc
>>      >
>>      > Here is what I did:
>>      >
>>      > %build
>>      > .....
>>      > mkdir -p {_builddir}/R-%{version}/etc/R
>>      > .....
>>      > %configure
>>      >      --sysconfdir=/etc/R
>>      > ..........
>>      >
>>      > make throw me an error:
>>      >  --sysconfdir=/etc/R: No such file or directory
>>
>>     You didn't put a \ at the end of the '%configure' line, so it's trying
>>     to interpet '--sysconfdir=/etc/R' as a command in itself?
>>
>> Sorry, it was a typo. I did put a backslash indeed:
>>
>> %configure \
>>       --sysconfdir=/etc/R \
>>      --with-system-tre \
>

> well, the buildroot is empty at the begin and your special folder is not
> created automatically, so start your build section by doing so
>
> %build
> mkdir %{buildroot}/etc/R

I already tried this method, with no sucess. Finally, after a close
look at my SPEC file, I found one $ which has to be moved to % (I
rewrote my file trying to use the conventional % for variable names
instead of $).
Then I could build with --sysconfdir=/etc/R

Thank you for your hints.

> --

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx