Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Sep 15 11:02:36 UTC 2015

On 09/14/2015 01:56 PM, Haïkel wrote:
>> On 09/13/2015 09:23 PM, Haïkel wrote:
>>> I'm not speaking about PHP, most of the upstream I deal with
>>> are python developers. Bad habits are rather spreading than
>>> regressing.
>>
>> We're not going to solve that problem by adopting bad habits
>> ourselves.
>>
>> Andrew.
>>

> Did I request somewhere to *drop* unbundling?
> I'm more concerned by the current habit to let bundled libraries sneak
> in the repositories without being properly tracked rather than a
> non-existing one.

a) We don't have any such tracking system.
b) So far, this has not been a problem.

In the past, this these issues were commonly worked around by Fedora
maintainers forking in private and them feeding them into Fedora as set
of patches.

> Our role is mitigate bad habits and educate upstream, not ignoring them.
Right, but you're underestimating the stubbornness and
non-cooperativeness of some upstream and fedora maintainer.
They usually believe to have an "ultra-clever design" and the FPC to be
dumb idiots who are unable to comprehend their cleverness.

Ralf