Fedora Ring 0 definition

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 15 14:35:39 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 10:26:24AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> One small thing we could do to try to emulate this for ring0
> would be to put all of the spec files for Ring 0 into one git
> repository for example.  And have actual peer review
> for patches, just like one sees on:
> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2015-September/thread.html

That's an interesting suggestion. My main concern is that it'd either
end up being restricted to a very few owners for the whole thing, or
have so many potential committers that no one would feel
responsibility. Either of those would be a bad outcome. I like the
idea, though. Perhaps a good peer patch review process (not mailing
list based, I hope) where contributions are clearly welcomed would help
with the former, and the base WG could become the ownership body for
the packages themselves. (Possibly in that case with the membership
rules tweaked to allow more than 9 members, Apache-style.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>