rpmbuild - empty RPMS directory

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Sep 16 13:52:41 UTC 2015

arnaud gaboury <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com> writes:

> I have been working on my first rpmbuild since quite a few days now.
>
> The rpm is intendeed to install R[0] built with Intel MKL libraries
> and Intel compiler. As a base for the spec file, I used the one from
> Fedora R package[1].

Why?  I ask as someone who supports R rpms on HPC systems and knows a
bit about relevant libraries and compilers.

If you want to subvert R's BLAS (and other slower versions) with
something largely optimal, look at the openblas-compat package under
<https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/loveshack/livhpc/>.  [Yes, linear
algebra in Fedora is a shambles, with at least one failed attempt to
sort it out, but adding Intel stuff will only make things worse, and
that package finesses the issue fairly handily.]