[Fedora-packaging] RFC mass bug reporting: checksec failures

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Sep 16 17:19:32 UTC 2015

AT> offending packages. You can find links to the script and execution
AT> log here:
AT> http://atodorov.org/blog/2015/09/16/4000-bugs-in-fedora-checksec-failures/

BTW to see if any packages you own are on the list, you can do:

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/atodorov/fedora-scripts/master/checksec.log
for i in $(pkgdb-cli list --user tibbs --nameonly); do grep "^$i.*rpm$" checksec.log|uniq; done

Use your FAS ID instead of mine, of course.  You can also add --poc to
the pkgdb-cli command line to limit it to just the primary maintainer.

Of course, several packages I comaintain are on the list (mainly due to
Partial RELRO) and I have zero idea how to fix them.  I read about what
RELRO means from the blog post but that doesn't tell me what I actually
need to do to make the errors go away, or even how to see what's causing
them.

 - J<