Freeimage 3.10 -> 3.17 upgrade, dealing with library incompatibility

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 10:09:09 UTC 2015

On 09/17/2015 10:28 AM, Sandro Mani wrote:
> - Nothing in Fedora seems to require libfreeimageplus, so just build
> 3.17 in rawhide and F23 and have the libfreeimageplus ABI break silently
> sneak in. Probably shouldn't even mention this option.

If nothing depends on it, just go with what's easiest for you. It really
doesn't matter much either way when we are talking about an unused library.

Also, as a side note, it probably makes sense to split off the unused
library into a separate subpackage so that regular libfreeimage
installations don't get it pulled in.

--
Hope this helps,
Kalev