Why packages sources are NOT mirrored?

DJ Delorie dj at redhat.com
Thu Sep 17 20:36:52 UTC 2015

Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> writes:
> I would talk with the mirrors in your area and find out why they don't
> mirror it.

Do mirror sites have the option to not include sources? [*]

If so, does letting them have this choice have GPL implications?  I
mean, if they're distributing binaries without making the sources
available via the same site...  (and one of the arguments for that
clause of the GPL was "the user may not be able to access the part of
the internet where you put the sources" - which seems to be the case
here)

[*] granted, they can mirror whatever they want, but I mean, in order to
    be listed as an official Fedora mirror and participate in the yum
    update network...