request for more visible KDE netinstall

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 18 14:29:33 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 10:31:13AM +0200, Petr Spacek wrote:
> > But, it's really that the netinstall is hard to find from the KDE page.
> > It's reasonably easy to find if you know what to look for on
> > <https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/download/>.
>
> Eh, you *should not* need to know where to look. If you know where to
> look you go to FTP server directly ... Landing page is for 'new'
> people, isn't it?

Primarily, yes, plus also people who aren't involved enough to want to
go poking around the FTP server subdirectories — I think there's a
large enough segment between "knows what a netinstall is and has a use
for it" and "up on all things Fedora FTP mirrors" that the link as-is
is valuable.

But, the focus of testing and development for Workstation is on the
live CD, *and* we don't want that download page to offer too many
confusing options (else, we could just link to the FTP server and be
done). So, I agree with the decision that the current approach is good.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>