request for more visible KDE netinstall

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sat Sep 19 17:39:17 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Sex, 2015-09-18 at 10:29 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 10:31:13AM +0200, Petr Spacek wrote:
> > > But, it's really that the netinstall is hard to find from the KDE page.
> > > It's reasonably easy to find if you know what to look for on
> > > <https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/download/>.

That is new on Fedora 22 (workstation have a netinstaller), what is the
main differences ? is just what install by default ? or have more
differences ?

> > Eh, you *should not* need to know where to look. If you know where to
> > look you go to FTP server directly ... Landing page is for 'new'
> > people, isn't it?
>
> Primarily, yes, plus also people who aren't involved enough to want to
> go poking around the FTP server subdirectories — I think there's a
> large enough segment between "knows what a netinstall is and has a use
> for it" and "up on all things Fedora FTP mirrors" that the link as-is
> is valuable.
>
> But, the focus of testing and development for Workstation is on the
> live CD, *and* we don't want that download page to offer too many
> confusing options (else, we could just link to the FTP server and be
> done). So, I agree with the decision that the current approach is good.

Sorry I don't had much time to focus on this subject but I think this is
a good opportunity to talk about this question in ask :
https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/24929/how-to-boot-fedora-18-in-rescue-mode-using-a-livecd/?answer=63696#post-id-63696

netinstall iso also have the rescue mode, so state clearly that live cd
don't have rescue mode, how make a usb stick with an rescue mode, where
we can find netinstall to make it, etc .
Another confusing thing is https://torrents.fedoraproject.org/ not have
the netinstallers.

So, I think, footer of web page of https://getfedora.org/ lacks of a
link to netinstaller and IMO we should have page just for
netinstallers .

Best regards,
--
Sérgio M. B.