Fedora 23 cloud image (and, for that matter, minimal anything) bloat

Matej Stuchlik mstuchli at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 12:32:16 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

That's really interesting, I've had no idea:

% find /usr/ -name "*.pyc" | wc -l
# All .pyc files
18376

% find /usr/ -name "*.pyc" -links +1 | wc -l
# .pyc files that are hard linked
15761

find /usr/ -name '*.pyc' -links 1 -print0 | du --files0-from=- -ch | tail -n1
# Total size of non-hardlinked .pyc files
65M	total

If I'm correct here it looks like it wouldn't really be worth it.