Disable PulseAudio flat volumes to prevent it from pushing volume level to max

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 13:29:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-09-22 at 05:31 -0500, kendell clark wrote:
> hi
> I'm ambivolent on the subject. If flat volumes become a problem, I
> know
> how to turn them off. However, I think because of all the complaints
> here by people who have a very good track record and don't complain
> often, this seems to bear out what I've been trying to say.

You can't really draw too many conclusions from the fact that people
complain on this list - its what you do on this list. Other people with
good track record who don't have a problem with volume handling (like
me) will not show up here to praise and defend PA.

Now, we should certainly look at ways to improve the situation, but
that that will require talking to PA developers...