Fedora 23 cloud image (and, for that matter, minimal anything) bloat

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Sep 22 15:16:15 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Matej Stuchlik <mstuchli at redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]

I don't think I've seen the email you refer to yet, nor do I have
access to a Python 3.5.0 rpm -- where can I find one?

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of that difference is
because rpmbuild's brp-hardlink-python only hardlinks pyc and pyo, not
the new optimized files. The pull request I have open should address
that.

> and from what I see *.opt-2.pyc is nearly always different from the other ones.

The only quick and silly test I did was to run rpmlint without any
arguments using python3.5 binaries grabbed from an Arch Linux package,
with -O and -OO. It failed early because not all required modules were
available, but it generated pyc files for five modules: in three of
them all pyc, opt-1.pyc and opt-2.pyc were identical, and in two pyc
and opt-1.pyc were identical but opt-2.pyc differed.