Disable PulseAudio flat volumes to prevent it from pushing volume level to max

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 21:51:08 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-09-22 at 16:31 -0500, kendell clark wrote:
> hi
> Just a polite request. I'm having trouble following the thread because
> there are so many intermingled responses, with different bits of it
> quoted and commented on. Would everyone mind putting their responses
> either on the top or the bottom of the message? Top would be better for
> me, but I also don't want to irritate anyone, since I've been yelled at
> on the arch list for top posting, even though as a blind person it makes
> following messages, especially long threads like this, easier.
> Sorry for the OT

This list traditionally follows the good rule of *not* top-posting, and
commenting inline.

You are the only one top-posting and breaking the thread as far as I can
see. You also commented on a sub-thread that had no top-posting
whatsoever and seem perfectly understandable, and replied to my post as
if I was the cause of your trouble (which doesn't seem so from the
content of your post), so your comment may come a little bit irritating.

It sucks that gmail has poor threading support and confuses you, but you
chose that tool, maybe you can find something better.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York