Announcing the release of Fedora 23 Beta!

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 22 22:16:55 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-09-22 at 13:33 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 06:21:00PM +0100, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> > I just used dnf distro-sync as per:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_22
> > _-.3E_Fedora_23
> >
> > This went fine, and I'm now typing this on F23 beta.
> > What are the main advantages of system-upgrade?
> > Should the above wiki mention the system-uprade instructions?
>
> There's actually a "fedup" script as part of the package. I think we
> should update the dnf-plugin-system-upgrade to Provide: fedup, and
> keep
> the instructions the same. Rationale:

Sorry, but I already re-did all the wiki pages last week. Of course we
can change them again, but...

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading was revised to list dnf-
system-upgrade as the 'recommended method' for upgrades to F23, and I
wrote https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DNF_system_upgrade documenting
how to use it.

The page Padraig linked to was not about fedup at all, it's the page
for doing your upgrades just using bare yum/dnf (which is not
officially supported, but we do have that page for known caveats and
best practices if you really must do it).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey