Help with a font package

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 03:13:35 UTC 2015

I've got a package that has started bundling a font, namely Roboto
Slab.  I'd like to do things the right way and make this a separate
package, but I've never done a font package before and could use a
little hand holding.

The home page for this font seems to be
https://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Roboto+Slab, but there are no
download links anywhere that I can see.  I looked at the existing
google-robot-fonts package to try to get some clues.  That one shows a
download link from developer.android.com, but it requires knowing a
version number, which isn't anywhere on the home page.  It also
contains some mysterious fontconfig and xml files that I don't
understand ... and I think I'm already in over my head.  I don't even
know how to start with this.  If anybody has words of wisdom for me,
I'd appreciate them very much.

Or, better yet, someone with experience can package the font for me,
and tell me what bribe I can send to you in the mail to make it worth
your while. :-)

Thanks,
--
Jerry James