Erroneous automated comments on some Review Request tickets

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 15:39:30 UTC 2015

This morning we deployed a new release of 'the-new-hotness'[1], which
is the service we run that monitors new upstream releases from
release-monitoring.org, as well as koji builds, and uses this
information to file and comment on bugzilla tickets.

The release adds a new feature[2] that adds comments to Review Request
bugs about successful scratch builds of that package.  However, there
was a bug.  A kdevelop scratch build incorrectly triggered comments on
43 different review request tickets[3].  A patch has been added that
should stop it from happening again[4].

My apologies for the spam.

-Ralph Bean

[1] - https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/infrastructure%40lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/5AGAHCBFUTGDIK7LQV6U6QHLZKQRG2WZ/