Mounting a Samsung S5 phone for reading

Les Howell hlhowell at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 24 20:06:14 UTC 2015

Hi, everyone...
I have been trying for three days now to mount a galaxy phone to my F22
system.
	Problems:  Phone does not mount.
	Things checked:
		1.  Nautilus does not have the side pane any longer.  I really
miss that because my file structure is very diverse.
		2.  /run/users/1000 never reflects my phone.
		3.  Added simple-gvfs to no effect.
		4.  searched for and added libfuse-gvfs
		5.  searched for and added 2 other gvfs bits (sorry I no longer
remember which ones.)
		6.  Googled lots with no more success.
		7.  Nautilus crashes sporadically, and specifically if I click
on the menu button to change from list view to icon view or vice versa,
depending on which view is open.
		8.  .config/nautilus files are writable.
		9.  Now I'm asking here.  HELP!!!

BASE PROBLEM... Mount cellphone as a disk to retrieve files not working
and I cannot find a solution.

Regards,
Les H