Mounting a Samsung S5 phone for reading

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 22:28:45 UTC 2015

hi
I don't know if I can help you, but some android phones use mtp, so need
the gvfs-mtp package to mount. Nautilus does have teh side pane, all you
need to do is press f6 to access it. At least I think the side pane is
the list of places, home, videos, etc, right? If it's been disabled,
there's a way to enable it again. One of the menu buttons will pop up a
menu with a check box to re-enable the pane if you turned it off. If
this isn't enough help I'll dig further. You might also need the
android-tools and android-udev packages, though I'm not absolutely sure
they're necessary jsut to mount the phone.
Thanks
Kendell clark