llvm 3.7 for rawhide and then f23

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 24 23:51:08 UTC 2015

On 21/09/15 03:00 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
>> Given that we are now post-Beta for F23, it seems a little late in the
>> cycle to be introducing a new llvm runtime. Is it guaranteed to be
>> backwards-compatible?
> OTOH, having OpenGL 4 support in Fedora 23 (at least for certain cards) is a strong marketing point. Personally I'm very much looking forward to finally playing some of those modern games.
Yes. I couldn't resist upgrading to llvm 3.7 and mesa 11 from Fedora 23
on Fedora 22 for my AMD A10-7400P laptop and pleased to see running
smoothly with no sign of bug. From the report:

$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD KAVERI (DRM 2.42.0, LLVM 3.7.0)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.1 (Core Profile) Mesa 11.0.0
(git-c4bae57)
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.10
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 11.0.0 (git-c4bae57)
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 11.0.0 (git-c4bae57)
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00
OpenGL ES profile extensions:

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Graphic & Web Designer