apitrace-libs.i686 missing in x86_64 repos

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 15:44:50 UTC 2015

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 13:13:20 +0200, Mathieu Bridon wrote:

> On Fri, 2015-09-25 at 13:03 +0200, Sandro Mani wrote:
> > Is there any other option short of introducing a dummy -devel
> > package?
>
> You could ask releng to add apitrace-libs to the multilib whitelist:
>
>     https://pagure.io/mash/new_issue
>
> However, I have to wonder, why wouldn't the library have a -devel
> package? Is there no way to link against that library?

Looks like a package mistake:

  http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/apitrace.git/plain/apitrace.spec

The contents of apitrace-libs are files below %{_libdir}/%{name}/ which
seem to be plugin libraries:

  http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=6776085

    /usr/lib64/apitrace/
	/usr/lib64/apitrace/scripts/*.py
    /usr/lib64/apitrace/wrappers/*.so

Plus, there's a circular dependency between apitrace <-> apitrace-libs,
so splitting off the subpackage is kind of strange. Nothing else depends
on the apitrace-libs package.