Use the 'users' list for non-dev questions (was: Re: Mounting a Samsung S5 phone for reading)

Les Howell hlhowell at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 25 16:05:39 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-09-25 at 12:31 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Please use the 'users' list for non-development questions.

> Rich.

Hi, Richard,
	Does the users list still exist?  I received a note saying it
had too many bounces and I was unscribed.  However, when I tried to
subscribe again, it thinks I am subscribed, but I am receiving nothing
from that list.

	In addition, due to my work on this issue, there is clearly
something messed up in how Fedora (and apparently other packages)
attach to the Samsung Phones.  Moreover Samsung adamantly states they
do not support linux.

	However this is a USB connection, so the means is clearly
present, and not really an OS question, other than the Samsung design
for USB connections.

	However the crashing of Nautilus, the missing sidebar, and so
on are either a Nautilus issue or a Fedora issue and currently I have
no clue which.

	The inability to connect to the phone is USB related in some
way.  USB today is base system technology, so being unable to reach the
users list, I tried here after trying everything else I could find.

	I am sorry if that irritates anyone, but right now I need this
to work.

	All of that said, who do I contact at the users list to get that setup
and working again?

Regards,
Les H.