dnf is completly broken

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Sep 27 15:43:09 UTC 2015

Am 27.09.2015 um 13:57 schrieb Neal Gompa:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 7:38 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>     Am 27.09.2015 um 11:27 schrieb Richard W.M. Jones:
>
>         This is quite tiresome.  dnf clearly isn't "completely broken".  It
>         may have a bug, but the correct place to put that is in Bugzilla.
>

>     a package manager which pretends "nothing to do" after rm -rf
>     /var/cache/dnf/* while there are two fresh builds is by definition
>     broken
>
> ​My question to you is... why are you doing "rm -rf /var/cache/dnf/*"​?
> Why not just do "sudo dnf <action> --refresh"? That forces DNF to
> actually look at everything again. If your goal is to clean everything
> out, then "sudo dnf clean all" would do the trick too (which also worked
> in the yum days)

how often do you ask that question again?

a empty "/var/cache/yum|dnf" is a by definition and unconditional empty
cache - why should i trust a software obviously not working with the
basic commands right in case of other ones?

and BTW we are not a Ubuntu - what's up with all that "sudo" stuff - if
i am root then i am root, that's it