dnf is completly broken

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 17:39:31 UTC 2015

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 27.09.2015 um 19:08 schrieb Josef Bacik:
>>
>> This is unnecessarily combative and derogatory to a fellow
>> distribution, why are you going out of your way to be mean spirited?
>

> because i am tired of regressions over regressinos from replacements of
> replacements tyring to sell me improvements which aren't ones?

The attitude is discouraging nice people from helping or accepting
your concerns as anything but ranting. Been there, done that, there
are reasons Theo de Raadt calls me names.

BTW, I don't like dnf either. I think it doesn't actually solve any of
the real problems of yum, and the whole "recommends" thing is
destabilizing as hell.

> and yes: i know it's not only Fedora specific, it's the result of throwing
> away working things left and right in the hope making all from scratch and
> get rid of the dirty parts of the past makes things better until realizing
> that dirty parts where the one making a difference and catching all the
> bordercases

Ahh, you've looked at systemd! I publicly backed down from calling
Leonart Pottering four letter words in public after the last little
go-around, precisely because it's too easy and wasn't helping.

You've my sympathies. But you'll get further with scaling it back a
notch or two, at least publicly.