F23 -> Rawhide upgrade fails to start GDM

Richard Bradfield bradfirj at fstab.me
Mon Sep 28 07:37:58 UTC 2015

Hi all,

This may have been an insane proposition, so I'm asking here before I go
near bugzilla.

I installed a clean F23 beta machine, then used dnf system upgrade to
try and move up to Rawhide.

When I rebooted the system, I got the 'Oh no! Something has gone wrong'
screen, which repeats if I try and relaunch GDM.

The only relevant error in the journal is:
Glib: g_hash_table_find: assertion 'version == hash_table->version'
failed

Setting 'setenforce 0', or setting selinux to permissive in the config
allows everything to work normally.

I have tried relabelling the filesystem.

Is this an insane unsupportable upgrade path or could I have found an
actual bug?

--
Richard Bradfield