Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Sep 30 15:37:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 08:35:41AM -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> * All packages not in the critical path whose upstreams have no
> mechanism to build against system libraries '''must''' be contacted
> publicly about a path to supporting system libraries. If upstream
> refuses, this must be recorded in a link included in the spec file.
> * All packages not in non-critical path whose upstreams have no
> mechanism to build against system libraries '''may''' opt to carry
> bundled libraries, but if they do, they '''must''' include {{{Provides:
> bundled(<libname>) = <version>}}} in their RPM spec file.

In this last bullet oint, did you mean "all packages not in the
critical path", or did you really mean what it literally says above
"all packages not in the NON-critical path".  If the latter, I suggest
a wording change: "all packages in the critical path".