Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 30 16:43:01 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 12:28:06PM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> The only way to ever make declaration of bundling reliable is to
> automate it somehow.

I'm in support of more package automation for any case.

With languages like Go, and for that matter I think basically any
modern language with a framework for this and the expectation that it's
normal, that actually might not be too hard. For projects where the
developer picks their own organizational structure for bundling,
though, it's somewhat more difficult to completely automate.

Still, we _do_ have all the source code here. Summershum
(https://github.com/fedora-infra/summershum) could be used to identify
indentical files, bundled in more than one place, but we'd need
something smarter to be able to find multiple versions, forks, and so
on.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>