Orphaned packages looking for new Point of Contact

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Sep 30 21:31:13 UTC 2015

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 22:54:15 +0200
Matthias Saou <matthias at saou.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Given the amount of notifications I just got... I'm one of the two
> maintainers :-/

Yeah, I meant to link the tickets, but I guess I failed. ;(

https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1482

> Could someone from FESCo have at least pinged me personally that this
> was about to happen? I know that I've been waaaay too absent for the
> last few years, my optimism about "getting back in the game" being a
> bit too big it seems, but I still do quite a bit of rpm packaging,
> and I would have really liked to have keep maintaining some of these
> packages...

Well, from the ticket:

No documented packaging activity since2014-04-29 ​
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=514037http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/builds?userID=thias

Thats kind of a long time to go with no builds at all.

The actual policy does call for a lot more notice than this, but it's a
pretty anoying process and people have tended to bypass it and use the
'quick bypass' version. ;(

> Anyway... I hope the packages that have been picked up will be better
> maintained from now on!
>
> And sorry for all the trouble (two kids... some of you will
> understand for sure...).

Time is definitely at a premium for many of us. ;)

And I would like to thank you for all the work you have done in the
past... very much appreciated.

You do know you should be able to add yourself as co-maintainer and/or
re-take point of contact (If you feel you have time to), right?

> Matthias

kevin