making public annoucment

Amita Sharma amsharma at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 06:47:35 UTC 2015

On 04/15/2015 10:17 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Hey all.
Hi Matthew,
> I planning on posting the public announcement I alluded to
> last week. (Or was it the week before that? Time, y u go so fast?)
yeah, time flies :)

> Two questions, though. First, how widespread do you all want that
> annoucement to be? council-discuss list, or announce list, or
> publicized beyond that too?
I would say publicize as much as possible so that we will have good
number of applications and also, everyone who is interested will get a
chance to apply in an ideal open source world.

> Second, I was thinking of saying something like "If you are interested
> in the Diversity Advisor Fedora Council position, please post to
> diversity at lists.fedoraproject.org (you'll need to subscribe first), or
> contact any member of the search team directly."
>
> Ooh, and third: should I make the announcement with names and email
> addresses, or just names?
It is good to mention mailing list only, so that everyone in the team
will be aware of all the applications coming in and it will be open to
all as well, also less time wastage in syncing between us, within the team.

So just names sounds perfect :)

Thanks & Regards,
Amita