html doc rendering problem via apache

Scott Gose gose at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 10 03:33:45 UTC 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 04:36:42PM -0600, Scott Gose wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When viewing the documentation-guide's html with a browser, it renders
> fine.  But when I move that directory behind a URL served up by Apache,
> it doesn't.  A screenshot of this behavior is here:
>
>     http://www.gose.org/1.png

I have been able to reproduce this behavior now on 3 different Fedora
Core 1 machines.

> It appears that Apache is not able to render some of the characters as
> noted by the black boxes that appear.  Any ideas?

I'm not sure if it is apache or simply a missing package.  If I move
the documentation-guide-en/ directory behind a rh 7.3 machine serving
it up by apache there, it renders correctly.

Could someone else verify that it works for them, too?  (Thanks Luiz!)
If it does, could you send me directly your 'rpm -qa' package list?

Thanks.