Documentation project status

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Dec 29 13:25:44 UTC 2003

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Edward C. Bailey wrote:

> Bottom line -- The Red Hat Linux is not part of the Fedora project, so the
> only way to move forward wrt Fedora Core documentation is to concentrate on
> the creation of new content...

Is there any chance of getting a public explanation as to why Red Hat will not
allow the RHL 9 docs to be used as a starting point. Assuming s/Red Hat/fedora??
Yes, I know there is art work also but that could also be substituted also.

I mean if there had been a RHL 10 would not that have been the docs for it modulo
the differences??

It is not like RHL 9 anything represents large quantities of long term income
for Red Hat. Especially given that April is only 4 months away.