Anaconda documents

Taylor, ForrestX forrestx.taylor at intel.com
Fri Nov 21 19:51:03 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 11:33, Alexander Rau (work) wrote:
> Ed:
>
> Thanks for your $0.02 and I think you are right to think longterm if the
> project should succeed.
>
> Here is a problem I have and I know I will get ripped apart for that:
>
> I mostly have time in between projects at work (while the network is doing
> maintenance or the server is being backed up...). Unfortunately, I have not
> been able to convince management to implement Linux in our workstations (we
> have one server running linux). So when I get a window of opportunity to
> participate I am sitting on M$ windowz machine. Are/is the tools/software
> available for M$ XP?
>
> In order for me to participate the submission process needs to be hassle
> free and hopefully available for a M$ environment.

If, like Ed said, they are going to use a CVS repository, you will be
able to get the tools for Microsoft Windows.  I recommend you get cygwin
from http://www.cygwin.com, and install cvs.  Cygwin is a command-line
terminal for MS Windows.  You can install ssh, vi, emacs, cvs, etc. on
your workstation.  I have also seen people use WinCVS
(http://www.wincvs.org/), which is a GUI frontend for CVS.

Forrest