usb-keys

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Thu Aug 12 13:41:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 05:45, Dave Pawson wrote:
> Since we've heard no more from this guy; here's the attributed docbook
> version,

Hi Dave,

Have you already looked at my updfstab-tutorial? I think it presents a
better technical solution that works with the existing subsystems
(hotplug, kudzu) rather than creating a need for another one (autofs in
this case). I like autofs too, but I normally use it only for things
like NFS or SMB mounts, since it doesn't have great support in the
spatial browser. Mounts supported by updfstab will appear in the
"Computer" browser, which makes the user experience a little more
seamless.

Please check out the current version at my site, http://docs.frields.org
... there's a HTML-browseable copy for convenience. I've been working on
intergrating Tim Waugh's guidelines for troubleshooting hotplug problems
such as missing USB vendor/product information.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE