Project Status?

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 12:44:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:33:19 -0600, "Basil Copeland" <blcjr2 at gmail.com>
said:
> I just joined the list, though I've read through some of the archives.
>
> Will there ever be any documentation for Fedora comparable to the "Red
> Hat Linux Manuals" found here:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/
>
> Is there any reason why this material could not, or should not, be
> updated for Fedora by the community (e.g. copyright?).

Caveat: I don't represent anybody other than myself.

As Rahul says the official RH documentation is under OPL, and the
impression I get from discussion on this list is that new documents have
to be written in order for the licencing to be "clean".

I've written most of an Installation Guide, and any
help/suggestions/contributions are very welcome - there are several
areas that need work.  Should have a new version out shortly, but the
older version is available here:

http://www.se.clara.net/fedora/fedora-install-guide-en/index.html

You can also put forward suggestions, patches etc. for the released
Fedora documentation (or write your own).  Full project information is
at:

http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/

The Documentation Guide is very helpful on the process, but you don't
need to have mastered the technical aspects before you can start.
Plunge forward :)

--

Stuart Ellis
s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk