Project Status?

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 00:45:34 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:41:00 -0800 (PST), "Rahul Sundaram"
<rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in> said:
> Hi
>
> > I've written most of an Installation Guide, and any
> > help/suggestions/contributions are very welcome -
> > there are several
> > areas that need work.  Should have a new version out
> > shortly, but the
> > older version is available here:
> >

> http://www.se.clara.net/fedora/fedora-install-guide-en/index.html
> >

> can you try pushing for inclusion of these docs as
> quickly as you and revise it periodically rather than
> waiting for it be made perfect.

It may now be at the point where it could be pushed if the missing
sections were written or dropped.  It doesn't cover every feature
(nothing on VNC, PPC etc.), but I think that the text is a workable
base.  The next stage is probably to decide whether or not the draft is
fundamentally sound, and what to do about these sections if the draft is
essentially OK.

> It would be helpful to point point these docs to many
> people outside this list and get feedback from the
> users and revise it accordingly...

This is really a policy decision - whether or not draft documents should
be advertised for review outside this list.  The process summary implies
that this should be done through the project infrastructure (mailing
list, Bugzilla etc.).
--

Stuart Ellis
s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk