Need help deciphering a xmlto error message

Mike MacCana mikem at cyber.com.au
Mon Feb 9 02:15:25 UTC 2004

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Dave Pawson wrote:

> At 07:31 07/02/2004, Mike MacCana wrote:
> >Obviously my doc doesn't conform to the DTD - but does it really need all
> >the sections mentioned? Or are some of them optional?
>

> The message is saying 'these elements are valid here,
>    and your document doesn't have any of them
>

> >If its a simple answer, what's my doc currently lacking - as I started
> >from the example tutorial...
>

> try
>   <article>
>      <title>Article title</title>
>     <sect1>
>       <title>Section title</title>

Thanks for your help.

That's what I seem to have (although the title is contained within
articleinfo tags as with the sample tutorial.

Basically, what I want is a description of what the error  message means -
ie, what does an element with a ? after it mean, what do the brackets
means, what's compulsory? I expect there's a URL somewhere to tell me but
damned if I/Google can find it.

Mike