Need help deciphering a xmlto error message

Mike MacCana mikem at cyber.com.au
Mon Feb 9 02:33:25 UTC 2004

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Dave Pawson wrote:

> At 07:31 07/02/2004, Mike MacCana wrote:
> >Obviously my doc doesn't conform to the DTD - but does it really need all
> >the sections mentioned? Or are some of them optional?
>

> The message is saying 'these elements are valid here,
>    and your document doesn't have any of them
>

> >If its a simple answer, what's my doc currently lacking - as I started
> >from the example tutorial...
>

> try
>   <article>
>      <title>Article title</title>
>     <sect1>
>       <title>Section title</title>
>
> HTH

Actually, that did help. Didn't realize you meant to repalce all the
section with sect1s in the whole document - after I did that, the error
goes away.

I guess it just wants me to be consistent - use section through the
document, or use sect1, but be consistent (before I was using section
unless I needed to nest a subsection)?

Cheers,

Mike