[Fedora-config-list] ISO Image fail?

alvaro gonzalez rivas alvaro at gonzalez.dk
Sun Jan 11 18:35:03 UTC 2004

I'm assuming you did check your MD5 checksums, having cleared that....

I had the very same problem you talk about and it turns out it's most
probably your cd-rom, check out this link.
http://www.linuxinstall.org/media.php

i actually downloaded all 3 isos twice, even tough the checksums where
o.k. the first time and burned 3 copies of fedora. i tought it was a
problem with my HD, and so i reinstalled another OS just to check if
that worked. and it did, so having ruled out the HD i tried running the
test on another computer and voila all three cd's aced the tests.

aparently fedora core 1 gets picky sometimes with cheap cd-rom drives
and i know my cd-rom is the cheapest one i could get. and thats only
sometimes because i changed cd drives for an ecqually cheap one and it
worked out great.

dont try installing if it fails the test, (i tried a couple of times)
it's just going to fail again during the install and make you reboot, at
best its going to do a very messy grub install that doesnt let you boot
up.