CVS/Wiki/Savannah?

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Wed Jan 14 13:18:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 06:16, Dave Pawson wrote:
> Call me nasty and suspicious,
> but are the Fedora documents FDL?
> Or does Redhat take ownership?

Now, you don't *really* want people to call you that, do you? :-) The
Fedora documents *are* FDL, at least the ones that will be contributed.
The copyright is held, of course, by the author. As for the guides on
which Tammy is working, I don't know, but I suspect they will also be
FDL, to fit the aims of the project, although that's purely conjecture
on my part. I would suspect that Red Hat has a company policy on holding
copyright on work produced on company time and payroll, which of course
makes perfect sense. That doesn't keep it from being FDL. Again, just
speculation since I don't work there.

If anyone has documents they would like reviewed, I'm available to help.
I can either (1) review for content and make suggestions, (2) put the
document into proper format using the approved tool set (Emacs, PSGML,
xmlto, etc.), or (3) a combination thereof. I got a submission from one
contributor not too long ago and did #1, but haven't received any
revisions from him to date.

I have a starter tutorial, representing what I think is proper format
and XML tagging, at:
  http://frields.com/paul/fedora/docs/updfstab-en.tar.bz2

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE