FAQs and consolidating it

Grant Hill jgh105 at york.ac.uk
Wed Jan 28 15:20:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

> Some folk have gathered it up and created unofficial FAQs. Excellent.
>
> As part of the documentation project, I think we should gather all the
> FAQs out there, write it up in a useful format, and be able to host it
> at fedora.redhat.com.

This is certainly a sane idea that I'd like to see implemented.  I guess
thats almost volunteering to help ;-)

> I realise that CVS access doesn't exist, but as soon as this is in
> place, we can all work together, and edit and create a useful FAQ list.
>
> Why consolidate? It gives Fedora a better image. Users will find answers
> to questions much easier. List traffic will reduce drastically.

Anything that can improve the currently poor signal to noise ratio on
fedora-list has to be a /good thing/ - I've dropped to using Colin's
fedora news updates myself as there's only so many times I can read
emails asking how to configure flash/nvidia/whatever or asking why
up2date fails (when not using a mirror) before I start to loose my grasp
on reality.

--
Grant Hill