eos-guide-en-0.1

Sulyok Peti sp at elte.hu
Sun Jun 27 19:07:04 UTC 2004

2004-06-27, v keltezéssel 14:54-kor Paul W. Frields ezt írta:
> On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 04:03, Sulyok Peti wrote:
> > Why don't you publish those works in HTML?
>
> All FDP work product is in DocBook XML, for ease of editing and
> consistency in rendering. The DocBook XML source can be made into HTML
> in a matter of seconds by first getting the fedora-docs distribution.
> See the Documentation Guide at:
>
> http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-guide/ch-getting-files.html
>
> Simply extract my tarball into the top-level "fedora-docs/" directory,
> do "cd eos-guide", and then "make" or "make html".
>
> My purpose in making the XML source available is that if someone finds a
> better way of doing the XML coding, or if he has suggestions that fit
> the purposes in my foreword, he can edit the XML source directly and
> send me a patch. If he does that in HTML, I have to go back and redo all
> the tagging again, which is inefficient.
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields, RHCE

I know. I just would like to suggest publishing, because I think it is
better if the user can find the doc via Google, and he/she can read it
with a browser. It is more convenient to read the current docs in the
Internet, and when someone has notices, suggestions, etc. he/she can
edit the source file and send you a patch.

Regards,
Peti