Maximum RPM updates patches welcome ;)

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Mar 5 14:20:48 UTC 2004

Paul Nasrat wrote :

> > I've set up a subversion server yesterday. Would you be interested in
> > importing the current stuff into it and work on from there? It could also be
> > the perfect occasion for me to implement a script in svn for the first time
> > in order to have an online html version updated after every commit.
>
> I don't have access to the cvs tree directly so cvs2svn would be painful.
> However I think moving to svn is on the cards, if it does happen will let you
> know.

Well, when I wanted to get the development of Maximum RPM started again, I
really wanted to put it into a repository where people could commit directly,
which I never did since I never got down to setting up my own public CVS
server... but it is now possible since I now installed a public SVN server
which I intended exactly for things like this.

I don't think the max-rpm copy in cvs.rpm.org actually contains much version
information (it was just imported and left there, right? or am I wrong and
was it developed using CVS all along?). So if you want to start collaborative
max-rpm development right away, I'd really like to import the current version
into that SVN repository. If later on there is a different, more "official"
wrt rpm SVN repository, it'll be trivial to move the project over while
preserving all the version information. What do you think?

The repository is here : https://svn.rpmforge.net/

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.6.3-1.116
Load : 1.34 1.13 0.66