twiki format to docbook

Dave Pawson dpawson at nildram.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 09:38:28 UTC 2004

At 22:06 06/03/2004, Karsten Wade wrote:
>On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 11:10, Dave Pawson wrote:
>
> > It may lead to the need to keep wiki contents fairly straightforward,
> > e.g. inter page wiki links or  WikiWord links as twiki calls them,
> > won't tranfer quite so easily.
>
>That's a bummer.  One of the great values of a WikiWiki is being able to
>create an organic linked set of documents, without having to deal much
>in markup esoterica.  Otherwise, it's just a mildly fancier version of
>structured text.

If that was the deliverable fine.
   If someone could write a sed script to markup those wikiwords
into something usable??
   Given a set of documents which needed conversion I guess its possible,
but I'd guess that a suite of documents isn't ready at the same time?
   Or am I wrong?

Either way, this is going to give us an 80% move in the right direction,
which is nicer than a kick in the teeth :-)

regards DaveP