Fedora SELinux FAQ

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Mar 16 11:38:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 23:35, Paul Nasrat wrote:

> OK - you don't mention some things which might get people:
>
> 1) Setting up an administrative user as sysadm_r

This is standard SELinux setup, right?  I'm trying not to recreate for
the release notes what can be found in other HOWTOs (dictates of time).
Still, this is a good addition for the general FAQ.

> 2) role identification (id/id -Z)

Coincidentally, I just added that (along with ls -alZ).

> 3) identifying context a process is running using ps --context (useful for debugging)

Same, using 'ps -eZ'

> 4) using run_init to start init scripts
> 5) context transition using newrole, sudo -r

Same as first comment above.

> 6) rpm --filecontext /--recontext queries

Ah, good call.

> 7) userhelper/consolehelper will prompt for own password

Oh, I haven't thought about those.  I'll look into it.

thx - Karsten
--
Karsten Wade
this is not the .signature you are looking for