screenshot instructions

Dashamir Hoxha dasho at ma-isp.com
Wed Sep 1 14:10:26 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 03:45 pm, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> <screen>
>   <computeroutput>
> # The following line should be changed.
> MyVariable = <userinput>NewValue</userinput>
> MyVariableContext = default
>   </computeroutput>
> </screen>

What I suggested is this:
<screen>
# The following line should be changed.
MyVariable = <userinput>NewValue</userinput>
MyVariableContext = default
</screen>

I don't see anything wrong with your version.
Do you see anything wrong with my version?
If not, why the usage of <computeroutput>
should be enforced by a rule?

Actually, for configuration files (and for anything
that can be edited) I would prefer something like this:
<programlisting>
# The following line should be changed.
MyVariable = <emphasis>NewValue</emphasis>
MyVariableContext = default
</programlisting>

Dashamir